From: melissa lewis [call_me18@hotmail.com] Sent: Friday, May 25, 2001 12:22 AM To: AKBlake@lock-net.com Subject: Story! I still cannot get it to load though. Hey I wrote a little story which you can put up if you want. I can only send it straight through email at the moment. If you need it in a file or anything I can send it again later though. Here it is. It is kinda pathetic but you were asking for stories so here is one. Enjoy or run screaming in the other direction. This is something new to me. This is not my first ever piece of fan fic. It is the third. This, however is the first one I have had archived if you will have it. This is one pretty silly story inspired by the 40 hour famine. It is not supposed to offend anyone and it is for a good cause (the 40 hour famine). This follows the antics of what happens before and after (not during)the 40 hour famine. This is what happens when Nat dares Nick into doing it and then promises to do it herself. Silliness ensures. Disclaimers:These characters belong to the folks at Sony, Columbia Tristar and James Parriott, et al. The Longest Two Days! "I don't think it's a good idea thats all" Nick said in defence. "It's a great idea Nick. Come on, you promised me." Nat replied. "Pretend I didn't. I don't want to do it" Nick said in a whiny voice. "Well your going to! I have already put your name down, right next to mine. Now you need sponsors for money. It's for a good cause Nick. Charity! You like it remember." "What do I care" Oh come on. Good act but it isn't working on me, mister. Your scared. Admit it!" "I don't get scared" Ok he was lying but Natalie didn't have to know. "About anything?" Nat asked. Nick thinks he gets away with everything sometimes. "No" "Take me then. Here, now" "No" Nick said in disbelief. They were in the Coroner's office and Nat dared to say that with Grace not that far away. "Why not?" Natalie got no reply from the vampire. "Hah, thought so. Your scared!" Natalie started to laugh loudly. "Hey! It's just a bit public here. Thats all" Nick was hurt tht she would even suggest it. He wanted her but because of what he is couldn't have her. "Fine. The loft, after work sounds good to me! Do your duty by doing this with me and save all those people! Or just do me!" Nat wanted him but he wouldn't let her get too close. "Alright! You win. I'll do it. But if I do something wrong or hurt anybody it is on your pretty little head, Nat" "Fine! Just remember you promised. What makes you think you would hurt somebody anyway?" Nick just stared at the woman in front of him. "Remember it starts tommorrow."Nat didn't want him to forget. She looked at her watch. "Oh look. Works over. Take me to the loft and I will make sure you don't have a drop of blood in that place you call home." Nick thought this a little bit unfair. "Hey! You go through my house then I go through yours. Fairs fair." "Deal" "Deal" They shook hands and went to empty each others fridge and take the contents to the others fridge. Neither would be tempted at home then. -------------------------------------------------------------------------- 3 Days Later "I have never eaten so much in my life. And to say I was looking after my figure of late too." Natalie had just eaten as much as she possibly could when Nick had given her food back. The two of them were sitting on the floor in front of Nat's couch. Sydney was having his nap on it and didn't want to be interupted. Some of Natalie's food had to be thrown out. Nothing was eaten at Nick's house, just as she suspected, so a lot of stuff had gone bad. "Good for you" Nick's head was down. Natalie had just given him his bottles back and he was trying his hardest not to drain them all. "Don't say you don't want it Nick. Your eyes are yellow. I give you permission to have as much as you want." Nat had the strange idea it was because of her that Nick wouldn't touch the bottles. "I will. Later" Nick got up and walked to the other side of the room. As far away from the tempting bottles as he could get. He couldn't take his eyes off them though. His eyes got specks of red in them. Natalie picked a full bottle of blood up and opened it. She could faintly smell the contents inside. She waved it around a bit. "Put the bottle down and step away from it Nat" Nick's voice came out a growl. Natalie looked at him. His eyes had turned as red as the contents of the bottle. Doing as he said, she put the bottle down and took a step backwards. Nick had emptied the bottle before she even knew he had moved. He had finished all the bottles off in no time. He was breathing hard. His eyes were yellow again. "You ok?" Natalie asked the vampire. Nick looked like he had gone on vacation for a while and left a monster in hs place. Nick couldn't speak. He ended up growling at her for an answer. Natalie backed up, giving him space she was sure he needed. "I'm sorry! I shouldn't have pushed you like that. I am amazed you went for the bottle and not me. I pushed you too far. Sorry Nick." Nick stared at her. "Don't worry about it. Be glad I lost it here and not at work" The two bloodiest cases of the history of his time working as a homicide detective in Toronto had to be on the two days he was not allowed to feed. His voice was more a growl but he got the words out. He smiled, showing fangs. "You wanna hide them. It is freaky to see you like this." Sorry. I had a bit too much." He ducked his head and looked at the floor. "It takes me a while to get control to 'hide them'." He looked at her sheepishly. "Oh" Natalie was lost for words with that news. This is the first time he had ever admitted to being out of control like this. "If it bothers you, I'll leave." He headed towards the door. "Hey Nick?"Natalie called. He turned around and looked at her. "Thanks for doing it with me." "No problem" He smiled. "I'm glad you did it too" "I don't think it is a good idea you leave by the door looking like that." He nodded and moved towards the nearest window. See you at work tommorrow, Nat?" He asked. Nat laughed. "Yep. Sure will. 10 pounds heavier" They said their good bye and Nick flew back to his loft. Neither Nick or Nat knew how hard it would be. No food in 40 hours. Neither of them really ever wanted to do it again. Too bad though. They both promised to do it again next year. This had been the longest two days for both of them. The End Well told you it was silly. Well hope you all enjoy my total slip of what could be known as sanity. Feedback welcome. Just email me at call_me18@hotmail.com.