Judge Trudy: The Knightly Saga continues by: P. Costantino This story takes place two weeks after the last one. Janette has returned to see justice served. What will happen to our irresistable Knight? Please keep reading to find out what happens. These characters don't belong to me. I'm just borrowing them for this story. Characters: Nick, Janette, Judy Trudy and others Real Cases! Real people! Judge Trudy! Court Reporter: Another bizarre and puzzling case has developed. Tonight, we are AGAIN on a night court session where Nicholas B. Knight, the plaintiff, alleges Janette DuCharme confiscated a portrait from Mr. Knight's loft. Miss DuCharme claims the object was originally a gift to her by him which he decided was his after their breakup. He regifted it to her to make amends. Next, she regifted the regift right back to him a year later. Then she permanently regifted the regift of the regift to herself. (catch all that folks!) as retribution for inflicting his condition on her. (Uh, Oh. Here we go again! Another one!) Stay tuned for the results of this strange case. (Judge Trudy in her chambers talking on the phone.) Judge Trudy: No, I'm off the iron tablets, Lucien. Funny, I've felt revitalized ever since you left town. It must have been a bug or something that I couldn't shake. (whispering into the phone seductively) By the way, did I mention how much I miss my romantic Roman? When will you be returning from Montreal? It's been weeks since we were together. I need those luscious lips of yours, not to mention other things. (giggling)...Oh, you do have a way with words. Has anyone told you how devilish you can be? My, you are such a charmer. (seeing court clerk standing in doorway)...ummm (becomes dignified) Thank you for your consideration in the judgement I handed down last week on the Souder case. Gotta run. See you at the end of the week. Bye! Clerk of the Court: Your honor, it's time to go in to the courtroom. Judge Trudy: With all these recent nightly court requests coming in, I might want to consider the nightshift, Joe. What do you think? Clerk of the Court: (thinking to himself) Lady, you could be permanently on the nightshift. You resemble Elvira rising from her coffin. (Instead he replies) Yes, there have been an unusual number of requests for night court. Courtroom: (Janette appears to be pressed up to her latest victim?) Janette: Antoine, I will see you later at my place, n'est pas? I have that special vintage just for you, mon amour and I will be WAITING with MUCH anticipation. (giving him a lingering kiss goodbye) Au Revoir, ma cherie. (watching him leave, licking her lips and her eyes turning golden at the promise of things to come) Clerk of the Court: All rise for the honorable Judge Trudy. This court is now in session. Please be seated. Judge Trudy: (looking at Janette, who is dressed in her Raven attire) Miss DuCharme, I presume. Care to explain the glamourous look this evening. Are you the belle of the ball or is this the new dress code around here? (rolling her eyes) Janette: Oh! This old thing! After this petty court drama, I intend to REVAMP my wardrobe. Judge Trudy: (glancing at Knight) I see the angsting Knight is here, AGAIN! What did I ever do to you to receive this nightly ritual every couple weeks from you? Nick: If certain PEOPLE would leave my POSSESSIONS alone, I wouldn't be here harassing you, your honor. (looking meaningfully at Janette) Janette: Darling, if I thought that portrait was your's, I would immediately relinquish it to you. However, you did have it commissioned for ME by Leonardo De Vinci...aaah I mean..DeCaprio's...friend..ummmm. What was his name, again? Raymond? Rolf? Rudolph? I'm really awful with names of mere mortal...disreputable artists. Bien, it's quite simple. The painting belongs to me. Judge Trudy: Ssh...we'll see about who gets the painting, Miss DuCharme. First of all, I see here (reviewing affidavit) that you and Mr. Knight had a relationship of sorts. How did your affair begin? How did you meet? Janette: (without thinking) At a tavern, eight centuries ago. Judge Trudy: Excuse me! I'll say this to you once and ONLY once, Miss Givenchy. I_don't_like_ people to ridicule my courtroom. I can hold you in contempt, if you push me. Understand! Now, please proceed, young lady! Janette: At least, you called me a LADY. By the way, I prefer to wear Oscar de la Renta fashions. Givenchy is too gauche pour moi, non? I looove the BLOOD red colors of Oscar's dresses. It brings out the porcelain white skin in a woman, don't you think, your honor? Judge Trudy: Whatever! Just get on with it! Janette: Je m'excuse. I met Nicolah at a bar, eight YEARS ago. It just seemed like EIGHT CENTURIES! (giving Nick a hard stare) As I recall, he was, how do you say, slovenly drunk, plastered to the gills, three sheets to the wind. In other words, he was very inebriated. He had returned from the Crusa... A CRUISE. He was pensive. He had evidently come back from this Cruise very disillusioned. He wasn't quite certain of the PATH he should be taking with his LIFE. You know men, they always need to establish LIFE goals. Poor Nicolah! He was like a lost lamb. Our eyes locked on to one another and it was...lust.. ummm...love at first sight. Naturellement, I seduced him to the dark... my side, my point of view. LaCroix also helped GUIDE Nicolah toward the right PATH. Judge Trudy: my Lucien?... umm... I mean Mr. LaCroix helped Mr Knight with his goals? Janette: Yes, LaCroix has always had a way with STRAYS, who don't know what DIRECTION to follow. Nick: My mistake was to get off that CRUISE and go right to that bar! I should have gone immediately home to my family. Judge Trudy: But, Mr Knight, would you have chosen the same path if you hadn't gone to that bar and met the enchanting Miss DuCharme and Mr. LaCroix? Nick: Let's put it this way, your honor. I wouldn't BE here in your courtroom complaining about a measly portrait to you. In fact, you would have never laid eyes on me, EVER! Wouldn't THAT have been better for YOU? Judge Trudy: You're absolutely right. That would have made my day, and NIGHT, blue eyes. However, was it so awful when you made the decision you did? Nick: (smiling at Janette) I was more than happy to oblige Miss DuCharme, but Mr. LaCroix was too overbearing, as I previously told you. I couldn't stay with them forever. Judge Trudy: Forever! You make it sound like an eternity. Nick: It seemed like an eternity with LaCroix. Let's just say. My LIFE goals were CONFLICTING with his. Judge Trudy: I assume you stayed, then, because of Miss DuCharme's irresistable charms? Nick: Yes, we fell in love after a courtship of 200...I mean 2 years. Then she became Mrs. Knight. Judge Trudy: Oooh! You're full of surprises.! So, she made an honest man out of you, huh? Can't see you tying the knot, loverboy. I pegged you for a confirmed old bachelor. Janette: I thought he would remain an ETERNAL bachelor, too! I can tell you; it was quite a challenge! My seductive ways and special talents must have lured him over to matrimony. I believe it was during the Renaissance.....Festival in ...Maryland, mon amour, n'est pas? He proposed after the jousting event, wasn't it dearest? Nick: Yes, my EX-love. Judge Trudy: How long were you married? Janette: Almost 100 year....days! Judge Trudy: (sarcastically) Going for a record, were ya? Janette: Marriage isn't for everyone. Sadly, Nicolah, couldn't stop smothering me. I felt so confined and needed my freedom! He was becoming sooo boring. I needed to rediscover my TRUE nature! I loved him, but I needed to let him go. Nick: It's taken me centu...years to recover. During the DIVORCE settlement, we discovered that the painting in question belonged rightfully to me. Janette: No, ma cherie, it was mine, but as usual, you pouted and carried on about it, so I gave it to you to make peace. Nick: You were destroying my LIFE, such as it was. Requesting the painting wasn't too much to demand, now was it? Judge Trudy: Last year, however, Mr. Knight, you regifted it to her. Why? Nick: ummmm....Janette.. Miss DuCharme had been helping me through a rough period. Janette: Let me finish, ma coeur. Nicolah was experiencing, how do you say, the hots,..... was randy, and lusting after one certain morta...doctor Lambert. You see, Nicolah has a little problem with restraint. Judge Trudy: So I've heard about his virility. Thinks of himself as Casanova. (smiling complacently at Knight) Janette: Yes. He was afraid about losing it around the good doctor, so he came to me. Let's just say. I could provide him with the necessary gratification. Judge Trudy: How could you provide this service better than the doctor? What do you have that she doesn't? Janette: A hardier constitution? Since Nick and I knew Dr. Lambert suffered from ....pernicious anemia and she had to be careful about her delicate condition, Nick came to me instead. We had the same CONDITION, anyway, so we had no inhibitions. Judge Trudy: Let me get this straight! Mr. Knight, you went back for sex with your ex even though you wanted the doctor big time, right? And because of her medical problem, you couldn't take a chance with her life? Nick: Yes, that was sort of the situation. Judge Trudy: Oh, Brother! Ok! After Mr. Knight returned the painting to you, Miss DuCharme, you gave it back to him this past spring. Why? Janette: He saved my life. Nicolah, always being the chivalrous knight he is, rescued me from a FATAL situation. Judge Trudy: Regular Sir Galahad, are we, Mr. Knight? Janette: ummm...more like a Sir Lancelot. Nicolah is valiant, but he is no SAINT. He does have his imperfections. Judge Trudy: Why did you steal the painting from Mr. Knight's loft after Sir Gallant, here, (smiling smuggly) at Knight) rescued you, the damsel in distress? Janette: He inflicted his DISEASE on moi, after I told him NOT to. Nick: Janette, you said you wanted to reaffirm the vamp...your goals. Juge Trudy: Ssh..Be quiet, the both of you! How could you be infected twice with the same condition, Miss Ducharme? Janette: Nicolah crossed me...ummm...let me rephrase...Our paths had CROSSED AGAIN with this dangerous experience. You see, I had met my mort...my one true love in Montreal. He and I tried this treatment. You have heard about this cure, n'est pas? Judge Trudy: Yes, every SORDID detail! Janette: Bien! It worked for me. Although, only for a short duration. I guess the near fatalistic circumstances brought me.. and Nicolah...ACROSS to that realm of ecstasy. In other words, we had wild sex on the floor immediately after the rescue. Besides providing my special art of rest and relaxation, I thought the cure might work for sweet Nicolah....But, alas, the ACT only reinfected moi. Nick: Janette, I gave you a CHOICE with the kind of act we did. I took you to a PLACE where you have ONLY been ONCE before. Judge Trudy: Ok! I've heard some things in my time, but you take the cake, Mr. Knight. (wagging that finger again at guess who!) This courtroom does NOT WISH to hear about your lewd, kinky and wayout sexual encounter with Miss DuCharme, is that clear? Nick: (blushing extremely) It's not what you think, your honor. Janette: (teasing) Non, your honor, Nicolah only meant that he took me to a place with the brightest lights...fireworks...that I had ever seen. (laughing uncontrollably) Then,... I CAME.....back to my beloved Nicolah. Nick: You're not helping the situation, Janette. Judge Trudy: At least, we are agreed there, Mr. Knight. Janette: (regaining her composure) Oh, I haven't had this much fun since... Judge Trudy: Watch it! Janette: Nicolah is right. I was given a choice. My affliction is partly my fault. Therefore, I wish to return the painting to Mr. Knight. Judge Trudy: Ok, then. Judgement of one painting to plaintiff. Boy! Knight, all I can say is you have the wierdest friends. Janette: Wierd, but eternal! By the way, your honor, if you ever need a decorator for this place, I could send Alma over to do a complete makeover. Judge Trudy: No. Thanks! After seeing your attire, I don't think our courtroom is ready for your decorator! Court adjourned! Interview room: (Janette pressed against Nick) Interviewer: Another joint interview! Mr, Knight, you certainly have a way of becoming amiable towards your opposition in court. What's your secret? Janette: (teasing) Only with the female element of the opposition, n'est pas? This is Nicolah's one weakness. It got him into BIG trouble 800...8 years ago with me. He never seems to learn. C'est vrai? Nick: You may be right, Janette. (kissing her) Janette: (touching his warm face) Although....it appears the good doctor is providing my sweet Nicolah with his life goals. Maybe he has learned his lesson. Interviewer: (shaking head) Ok...thank you very much. Janette: Nicolah, if your life goals don't work out with Natalie, you know where to reach me, mon amour. (kissing him slowly, moving to his neck where she lingers for a moment) I could always CHANGE those goals again for you. Now, I must go. I have another passionate Frenchman to attend to. (smiling, Janette leaves a rather flustered and breathless Nick.) The End. I hope you enjoyed my third story in the Judge Trudy series. Please email me at psmoot43@hotmail.com or sign guestbook with your thoughts or feedback. Thanks.