Devil Inside--a Forever Knight songfic By April French Author's Note: Just a little suthin' dealing with Nick's thoughts on his first visit to the Raven in "Dark Knight." The usual disclaimers apply; I owe nothing except the order in which the words are arranged. As near as I can remember, the song "Devil Inside" is by the band INXS. And of course, we all know I don't own Nick or Janette or anybody. Darn it. Still, unless you're FKFIC2 or the FTP site, please don't archive without asking permission first. This will be archived at http://www.geocities.com/knightwalker1228/index.html with all the others. Praise, comments, and all that good stuff, send it my way. ~~~ Devil Inside (1/1) It had been a long time since he had seen her, but in the end, the passage of years meant little. Janette was still the same. Still beautiful. Here comes the woman With the look in her eye "The night's dark, I am the owner, and I find I'm able to mix it with a little wine." Raised on leather With flesh on her mind Still hungry. Words as weapons sharper than knives "I forgot. You're probably 'on duty.'" Makes you wonder how the other half die Other half die Still cruel. *** She had heard he was in town, being the Good Samaritan. Again. Of course, she'd known Nicolas would show up sooner or later. He always did. Here come the man With the look in his eye He looked horrible, pale and half-starved. Fed on nothing But full of pride But still stubbornly handsome, charming, teasing. Look at them go Look at them kick Oh, how she wanted him... Makes you wonder how the other half live She wanted him to come back. *** The devil inside The devil inside Every single one of us, the devil inside Nick took the address she handed him, lifted her hand to his lips as though to kiss it and then, with a playful half-smile and a cryptic promise in his eyes, he left the club with as little ceremony as he'd come. The devil inside The devil inside Every single one of us, the devil inside Janette followed him with her eyes, feeling her heart beat against her ribcage almost as though she was still alive. Here come the world With the look in its eye They needed each other so badly... Future uncertain but certainly slight But she needed her liberty. Look at the faces And he needed his grief. Listen to the bells Janette leaned luxuriously against the bar, while in his Cadillac, Nick hid his face in his hands. It's hard to believe we need a place called hell ~Finis--August 24th, 2004~ April French daomir_darkfell@yahoo.com ===== ~Knightwalker: Forever Knight Fan Fiction -- http://www.geocities.com/knightwalker1228/index.html ~The Corvina: Original Fiction, Poetry and Fan Fiction -- http://www.geocities.com/runeshard/index.html "I move the stars for no one." -- LaCroix (via David Bowie)